Wednesday, May 20, 2015

My friends, this is the end.

I sold the BRZ last night.

I watched the video Urban Outlaw ( https://vimeo.com/44410797 ) and there was a point where he had this realization that he liked building cars more than racing them. I realized that it was the same for me, but rather than Porsches my car of choice was the 4th Gen Si. It's the car I learned to wrench on, and the car I built more of than pretty much anything else. So I'm selling the BRZ, buying a new Fit and then building one 4th Gen Si at a time, driving it for a bit and then selling it. Each build will be different, and each will be build depending on my mood when I'm looking for a new car.

I just didn't get the satisfaction out of building the BRZ that I thought I would. More power, bigger tires, more expensive suspension, higher limits...should be more fun, right? It just didn't work out that way for me for some reason. I actually returned the car to stock last weekend (aside from some bushings I didn't want to pull back out) and I realized the car is just as much fun as a daily in stock form as it was with 5k of mods on it.

So Fit as a daily, build 4th gens as my hobby. For me that feeling of searching out a new car, flying out to pick it up, the adventure of the drive back and then planning out a build is half of the fun for me. I'm really looking forward to doing that on a yearly basis.

I'll note that I loved the BRZ.  It was truly the first 'drivers car' I've owned and it's connection with the road and the feeling you get while driving was unlike any other car I've been in.  I loved every minute I was in it.  I've owned this car longer than any of the other 19 I've had...that's all I really need to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment